Tuesday 8 January 2013

Welcome!

Hi!

This is the first post in what I hope will be at least a year long project. I enjoy baking and cooking but lately (i.e. in the last five, ten years) I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I would like. Hence my 2013 New Year's resolution: try a new (or old, familiar) recipe twice a month.

I am not quite a "foodie". Just a home cook with a definite preference for baking. However I don't find "gourmet" intimidating. I don't consider much of anything in a kitchen intimidating, unless it involves claws. So there may be a few things thrown in that you won't find on the regular dinner table. I will be aiming to try dishes from different cultures, dishes that I have always wanted to make and recipes that I have collected over the years but never attempted. I will also try to share some Barbadian and Caribbean dishes for those out there who aren't from this part of the world.

I will link this excursion in the food world with one of my other favourite pasttimes: photography. Hopefully it will allow me to expand my photographic range. I prefer landscape photography, a little abstract here and there. But food photography looks like it could be interesting. My goal will be to improve that as time goes by.

This is my first attempt at creating and maintaining a blog. It is really a way to keep me sticking to that resolution. But since I will share the recipes and whatever tips and ideas I have picked up along the way, I also hope that someone else will enjoy it and even find it useful.
 
Best,

Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment